This hearty soup might be vegetarian, but it’s super filling thanks to quinoa, white beans, kale, carrots, and celery.
Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into thin rounds
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2” pieces
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 c. quinoa
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 8 c. low-sodium vegetable broth
- 8 oz. Tuscan kale, ribs removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for serving
In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
Add zucchini, diced tomatoes, beans, quinoa, and 3. cumin. Pour in broth and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and boil until quinoa is tender, about 13 minutes.
Stir in kale and cook until wilted, 1 minute more, then stir in lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and serve.
Find more great recipes on delish.